Friday, January 30, 2009

Spring Session

Last Monday night the spring session began with much anticipation from both teams. It is a common thing to want to win the first competition of the season. As a team I believe we won, but for me I lost my match. My opponent was pretty good and played some excellent defense which I failed to perceive because I was concentrating on my own approach to playing. One can not play a one sided game. Being aware of what your opponent is doing is all part of the game. My inexperience in defense was, I believe,
one of the reasons I lost. There was others, like me sinking the 8 ball in the wrong pocket and a few other mistakes. Even small mistakes in 8 ball can be a disaster that cannot be, in most cases, rectified unless your opponent is asleep or is inexperienced at the skill level you are playing at.

Oh well, back to the practice table. I think defense will be put at the top of the learning cycle. It should have been there already, but there are only so many hours in the day. It is a lesson learned. And that's what it's all about.

At least my stroke was working.

No comments:

Post a Comment