Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day 2009

This is the beginning of the new year and we go to the playoffs next Monday 1/5/09.
We tied for first place with the season ending 12/21/08. The first place team does not have to go into the division playoffs but directly in to the tri-county competition. You tied for first place one may ask, so how is the tie broken? I had the same question. What the league does is to go back to the last match we played against the other team. The winner of that match gets the nod. It is the only fair way of doing it other than a playoff which I think would be even fairer. But the APA makes the rules that fit into a certain time span, so that's the way it is. If we had won the last match the choice would have been reversed.

Anyway, we go into a two week division play off that will determine who goes to the tri-county playoff, that being the stepping stone to Vegas and the Nationals. The spring session begins around the end of Jan into Feb. There is an MVP award, which I did not know about. It is something of a personal goal to go in that direction while at the same time keeping up the team play, which, is the main goal.

My stroke is coming along pretty well. I bought a dvd called the Sixty Minute Workout, and was very pleased with it. I was even more pleased when I realized that the instructor, Bert Kinister, is also a stroke maven and he kept reinforcing that point during the complete lesson. I learned a lot. I also ordered two other disk by him from Seyberts. I am also thinking about buying a portable dvd player so I can take the disk to work with me and play them as I practice. Ready reference. It will depend on the cost.

Have a happy and healthy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment